Digital marketingFebruary 8, 2019
Video Marketing- Why and How to Leverage Video in Your Marketing Strategy
In this digital age, marketers are no longer just marketers.
They are analysts, visualizers, and storytellers.
As the internet becomes home to an increasing amount of content consumption, content marketers and businesses, in general, are always looking forward to new trends in storytelling and content distribution.
It was somewhere in the last 3 years that video content marketing boomed and it continues to grow exponentially in creation as well as in consumption.
Let’s look at some staggering statistics to drive home the impact of video in the future of marketing.
On average, businesses are publishing 33 new videos every month, according to a report by Vidyard.
- Inc published a report that established that in 2019 video will represent over 80% of all Internet traffic.
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words.
Video marketing leverages the most impressionable aspect of humans – emotional quotient.
Video has the power to arouse and shift emotional behavior and reaction of humans, a characteristic that written content can probably never match up to. With video marketing, businesses can engage, educate, empathize and evoke emotions in their target audience. A video brings to life the power of vision, sound, and storytelling, in an impeccable package. No wonder it can drive leads and conversions for brands.
Now that we have established the immense potential that video can have for your business’s content marketing efforts, let’s look at the different ways you can leverage video in your marketing strategy.
Showcase company culture
Everybody loves a great company culture page. By including a short video on your culture page, you can highlight the positive working environment of your workplace. This will help attract better talent and resources.
Videos are a great way to highlight your business’s products and features. Create an educational video of new services, record a demo of your recently launched product or make a fun animation about how your business solves a problem and you are in for a winning bid.
What’s better than a written testimonial you ask? Well, a video testimonial! Getting your happy customers to share their experience of using your products and services is a powerful way of building credibility and trust. And it serves as a great word of mouth marketing.
Videos are also a great tool to be utilized in your value addition collateral. Think blogs, case studies, white papers or even ebooks. You can use interactive video elements to add a great amount of value to your content.
However, there are a few points worth keeping in mind when you create video content for your brand.
- Capture attention: Creating video content that engages your audience should be the ultimate objective of any video you create. Capturing your audience’s attention is the key. Nowhere should you assume that making a subpar video and uploading it will do the job for you. Today’s audience is smart and intelligent. Your video content should match up to that sentiment.
- Choose your platform wisely: Not every video is meant to be consumed on every platform. With the plethora of video platforms on the digital platform, you should know to separate a facebook video from an IGTV one. Each platform differs in the form of audience demographics, engagement metrics, the video format and of course, the kind of industry it supports. Understand all of these before you get down to shooting a video.
- Timing: Apart from a suitable platform, the timing of your video content is paramount. A little bit of experience and analytics will tell you the best times to post your video – for better impressions and engagement.
A majority of your audience is watching videos.
Video content not only promotes your brand, but it has also surpassed other forms of content in terms of brand recall.
Videos, when utilized properly in your content strategy can prove as powerful channels of increasing awareness, capturing leads, boosting SEO efforts and gaining conversions.
Basically, videos are the one channel that can be used throughout your sales funnel to target every aspect of your customer journey.
So, how are you going to use video content in your marketing strategy? Let us know in the comments!
April 12, 2019
March 15, 2019
March 1, 2019
January 24, 2019